Faith has never been the type to try strange foods. She couldn't even bring herself to swallow the tapioca pearls in the pearl green tea that I brought home for her two years ago. She always loved salt and dill pickles, and ever since she was little she used artificial sugar instead of real. Now she is eating wheat grass, drinking Kombucha tea, and choking down turmeric with jam! She tells me about the health benefits of a basic (rather than acidic) diet and its effect on making the body inhospitable to cancer.
She says even if these don't make a difference, it helps to feel like you are doing something, rather than just having everything done to you.
Friday, February 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The new food habit can get costly. FYI, Whole Foods gives a discount on Kombucha if you purchase a case (12 bottles). Good move is Faith finds a flavor she likes. Periodically, it is on sale for $2.50/bottle.
If she wants to do her own juicing post-treatment, I can recommend the juicer I use. Just let me know.
Kathryn
Post a Comment