Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Chemo Clothes

Today Faith and I went to a boutique in Los Gatos called "The Next Step" that sells hats, wigs, swimsuits, skin cream and other items for chemo patients.
She tried on a bunch of hats- really cute 1920's (?) style hats, that come down low and cover the top of your ears. The hats aren't designed for cancer patients- just regular hats with a lot of coverage.
They also sell a special sort of wig that doesn't have hair on top, just on the sides, so you can wear regular hats with it.
Faith isn't planning to get a wig, because she doesn't want to hide what is happening to her. I think she looks more like herself in a hat than in a wig.
This store also sold special camisoles for mastectomy patients, complete with a pocket to hold the drain that you have for 1-2 weeks after surgery. Insurance covers the cost of the camisoles.
I am going to go back and buy a hat for myself.

No comments: